Clarkson HEOP students have access to a significant student-centered support system, including the Summer Pre-Freshman Experience (SPREE) and academic-year guidance and support.
The HEOP guidelines, developed by the State Education Department are as follows:
- be a New York State resident for 1 year prior to entry into HEOP
- have obtained a high school diploma or the equivalent of a State Equivalency Diploma
- demonstrate high potential and motivation for attaining a college education
- be considered economically and academically disadvantaged, as indicated in the following sections
- The student's academic profile, which includes high school grades, SAT scores and academic history, would be considered non-admissible through Clarkson’s regular admissions standards.
- The student demonstrates high potential, promise and motivation for attaining a college education.
- To be considered, the applicant must meet the income eligibility criteria as required by New York State. We will post the current criteria here as soon as it becomes available (2019).